Thursday, April 18, 2013

Reflections on the midterm

To tell the truth, this midterm is my first exam experience here, in America. It changes a lot from what I am used to. I always had more academic way of learning, but it does not mean I do not like the new one. And I am absolutely sure that I owe this positive experience to my group. We all are very different and that is what I love the most. To give you more details on what I think about all this:

1. The question about the fair share is always very subjective. I just hope that if, in our group, we have a person who thinks he did more and it went unnoticed, we will finally know this.  :-)
Personally I am very sorry for being absent for 2 lessons, sometimes we do not choose the circumstances... Talking about this, I really appreciate Mark's attention: every time I was not in class, he kindly let me know the assignment, with all the necessary information and details. Thank you, Mark! The Chris' share is also remarkable and I do thank him for making a nice PowerPoint to make our presentation more colorful. Thank you, Chris!
My own part is not really worth more than 6-7 points: I did not like the subject, my English is still far from being perfect (I am a perfectionist, you know) ...

2. No, no, no ! I would like to keep all my dearest gentlemen! They all are different, so we can have different approaches and experiences. And nobody to add, please! NO NEW GIRLS!:-)))

3.
A) 10
B) 7
C) 8
D) 7
E) 1 - What are you talking about??? Conflicts??? :-)
F) 1 - because, see 1 in point 4

4.
1) Mutual respect
2) Common goal
3) Self-motivation
4) Ambition
5) Reliability

P.S. My overall impression is very positive. I like meeting new people, getting to know them better through some interesting team-working, learning new things. Thank you, guys, for this enriching experience!


1 comment:

Unknown said...

I enjoyed reading your post. It was very interesting to hear what the experience is like in another group. Glad to hear that you having a nice first semester.