Thursday, April 25, 2013

Oh, that Game ... again ...:-)

Well, one more time we are supposed to give our reflections on the Game. It is still difficult for me to judge, although now I understand a bit more.:-) Isn't it the great beginning? It could be, only if it were not almost the end.:-)))
Anyway, I enjoyed couple of last sessions a bit more than the previous ones. We all can feel that the tension is growing and we all will soon have the highest point.
I am not tired to repeat how much I like our group! But now I do think we are not aggressive enough. Especially after Odin gave us more detail about the geographic situation of each Nation, I find that the geopolitical situation of The Banana Republic is more than just satisfactory. It should have some more active politics toward others. Maybe it is just my well-hidden aggressiveness that is showing up!:-))) I lack some of this quality in the real life and the Game gives me the possibility to dream about some different Me.
We do use the United States as an example for our "nation construction" and I see no reason to choose any other example. I travelled a lot, I lived in different countries and only the United States  gave the feeling of freedom ...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I agree with you these last few classes have been easier to get into the game because there seems to be more of a definite purpose and effect of our actions. Also I agree we also modeled some of our government after the United States because it's what we are most familiar with and it works.

Andrew Harrison said...

I feel like to understand this game better we need to meet more. If this was a twice a week class we would have more time to learn the game and have more times to got to war or run into disasters. The game still feels like it is in the begining stages... I feel that we have had to few times to meet and the small groups made it far to easy to come to decisions.