Thursday, April 18, 2013

Midterm Reflection

1. Everyone seemed to do as they were expected to do. What "fair share" is and what we delegated is up for debate. I went ahead and volunteered to put a PowerPoint together based on everyone's blog posts, which definitely put more a little work on me reading their posts, knowing what they want to say, and finding additional charts and images to compliment it. However, because I volunteered to do it, I can't blame anyone for not helping. Especially because my schedule outside of school wasn't exactly meet-up friendly either. Again, I feel like everyone did what was expected of them. I'd say I was at a 9 or 10.

2. I don't feel the need to pull anyone from the group. If I could add someone, it'd be someone good at keeping everyone in touch with one-another in closer to real time.

3. The basic rules seemed to work out fine.
A.  Showing up - 10. We only meet once a week, so it's important to have everyone show up.
B.  Doing your fair share - 8. It's always important in small groups, but given our minimalist approach to communication, it's hard to expect much more to be done than what has been.
C.  Being on time - 6. We haven't been getting into groups until later on in class, so it doesn't seem like it's been that important in regards to keeping common courtesy.
D.  Responding timely to email and communicating effectively with other members - 6. We aren't all communicating with each other outside of class, but seem to be keeping our heads above water alright.
E.  Handling conflict among group members - 5. We haven't had any conflict issues.
F.  Being present in the group -- not distracted by outside cell phone calls or text messages when the group is meeting. - 6. I don't think cell phones have been a problem in our group. I don't think anyone has been messing with them while we're actively discussing a topic.

4. Five Rules
A. Limit conversation on completely unrelated topics as to what we're trying to do.
B. Show up to class
C. Reliable communication.
D. Stop talking and let Odin freaking speak. More of a class issue, in a couple meanings of the word.
E. Nuke all enemies.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Generally, people in the class are trying to particpate and do well to better ther grade My group and your group are similar in this manner, so we havent had any problems yet. I agree wth your rules, except for the last one. You better not nuke us...or pain...lots of pain.

Andrew Harrison said...

I strongly agree with rule D, it has been bothering me how much people have been talking while Odin is trying to speak. Its quite rude and very childish. He is just doing his job and we should be doing the same by listening...