Thursday, February 25, 2016

Liberty Valance

"Law without force is impotent, force without law is blind."- Blaise Pascal

7 Places with no laws

What would be the point of a law if there is noting enforcing it? Look how beautiful Somalia looks without any laws there. The criminals run the show, the ones who can put fear into the people. Just like the movie, Liberty and his gang harassed the citizens of the town to the point where the citizens would let them run all over them. You need the law and Ransom was the one to deliver that law.

Who really killed Liberty Valance? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hP77V2X1Biw At the 1:37 mark in the video you can clearly see Ransom shooting liberty in his stomach(right side) Besides why would Tom want to help Valance? Valance stole his girl and tom got his house burned down. Why would Tom wait so long to kill liberty? Why didn't he just shoot him in the beginning? Why wait for more people to get hurt? Tom is defiantly a little strange to me.


4 comments:

Unknown said...

I agree that laws would be pointless if there is no force. I think that Somalia was a great example to use to prove that point. I also had the same exact thought about Tom and why he would wait so long to stand up to liberty.

Kaley Nelson said...

I also had my own doubts about who was the actual killer of Valance. I believe it was Ransom. Looking at the video linked in your post, there were two different reactions from Valance. the first was the obvious reaction of being shot, and the second was his gun being shot from his hand. I noticed it seemed to be shot from Liberty's left, where Tom was standing. This leads me to believe that Tom just shot the gun out of Liberty's hand, and Ransom was the man who actually delivered the kill shot.

Unknown said...

I also thought there was something off with tom. The fact that he was defending someone who just stole his girl made me think twice. I also agree with the fact that without force, what would be the point. It's just asking for people to disproved laws of they aren't forced.

Unknown said...

I completely agree, I think that something was off with Tom as well. I think it was Ransom who shot Liberty. However, I think Tom was aware of what Ransom believed in and stood for and started to believe it himself. So, I think Ransom became a friend to him. Personally, I think that Tom started to believe in what Ransom believed in but knew there was only one way to put a stop to someone like liberty. This is why I think that he took the fall for Ransom.