Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness can be complex in nature!


The meaning of life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness has a wide scope of meaning for me. As an American, I am watching these basic rights disappear.
For me the freedom to choose what, where, and how I want to live is a basic American right, our lives are being impacted more and more through Governmental controls, and now through Homeowners associations and CC&R's. I like having the freedom to choose what plants and flowers I want in my yard, the color I want my house to be, and to leave my car in the driveway all night long if I choose. I think the more people sign into these kinds of contracts; we are desensitizing ourselves to true freedom.
I also think it is our American right not to have our basic religious rights and freedoms in our society and in our schools taken away, which is what our founding fathers built this country on. All the little details contribute to the pursuit of happiness, because it pleases me to be who and what I want to be.

Attached are some links you may follow to see why CC&R's and Homeowner Associations have come about! Unfortunately, some people just can"t be civil. These videos are surveillance and so there is no sound.
Bad neighbor cuts tape again #2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0vJSTEX27gA
Neighbor’s workers trespass #4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1TS2TxbHd9o
Neighbors bring dogs to poop and pee on the lawn #5
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wb4vC-8YbMU

2 comments:

Ben Butler said...

This is a great example of why there are consequences when people do not reasonably exercise there rights and freedoms when it intrudes upon and affects other people. Being respectful and considerate should be practiced when implementing liberty. There are definite pros and cons to CC&R's, and being that I used to reside in a neighborhood that incorporated these rules, I can give an experienced opinion. I definitely did not agree with some of the rules, but actually agreed with most of them. This link is a good example of why you would want CC&R's in your neighborhood..'cause you might not want your neighbor to add that second story addition on to his residence next to your dream house....or you might even grimmace a bit at your other neighbor's crafty artisan skills with animal-like clay figurines in the yard....just a thought...~:)

http://www.boreme.com/media/yr2008/mobile-home-park-2-1.jpg

http://www.loanjunction.com/xSites/Mortgage/mobilehomeloan/Content/UploadedFiles/69234385_d6dfe46515.jpg

Ben Butler said...
This comment has been removed by the author.