Wednesday, February 22, 2012

I read in the New York Times today an article regarding the difficulty of small business to offer affordable heath care insurance to its employees.  I could not agree more because of my past experience regarding working for smaller companies of 20 or fewer employees, and the cost of the insurance.  Currently I work for a company of less than ten workers, and both the employer and employee pay substantial costs for health insurance.  Luckily I am covered under my husband's employer which is much better coverage, and at a lower cost to the employee and his or her family.  As Ann Gish, an employer of designer linens in Manhattan, New York states, health insurance is not only expensive, but convoluted and discriminatory against small business owners like herself, and her employees.  Her and her husband spend hours trying to figure out the best insurance for their employees -  insurance that won't break the bank for either of them. I agree with Ann Gish, insurance should not be so expensive and confusing to obtain.  I hope that this new "Obama Care" is the solution, but do any of us really understand it's implications and if it will make our lives both healthier and affordable at the same time.  I hope this "Affordable Care Act" will be a victory for us all!

Linkhttp://boss.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/02/22/how-small-businesses-are-coping-with-health-insurance/?ref=business

1 comment:

Sagar Passi said...

I agree, health care is a twisted topic right now, with too many problems as to who pays the brunt of the insurance costs. There needs to be a more simpler approach, one that can make it affordable for everyone to get good solid provider.