Thursday, May 10, 2012

Class Reflection


Now that the semester is over I would like to say how much I enjoyed this class and how sad I am that it is over. I always looked forward to going to this class and loved my classmates. We were a group of talkative and interesting people that made  it that much better. By the end I think we were all comfortable enough with each other that we didn’t care about getting up in front of the class and making fools of ourselves. I wish more classes were like this one. I was never bored and learned something new almost every class.

1) Episteme: I felt we learned quite a bit in this category. Out of these four I feel this aspect lacked the most. In the beginning we started out strong in this subject learning about the constitution and the separation of powers but we slowly moved away from this to focus on the other categories . I’ve also been in your other two law classes where we spend most of class on this subject so maybe that’s why I feel that way.

2) Techne- This played an important part in our class time. We had to work hard together to stray productive and try to keep ahead of the other groups in the nation state game. The class as a whole also worked as a group learning from each other’s experience as we went through the different laws and social problems.


3) Phronesis: Social skills played the largest role in this class because we were always interacting with each other. We first had to learn to w0rk together with our groups then how to work together with other groups. I very much enjoyed the videos we watched in class that taught me many things I had never known before about human emotion. I gained the most in this aspect. I have never been good at getting up and taking in front of a group of people and usually get really anxious.  By the midterm in this class I was able to get up and give a speech and then again in the final get up and dance without feeling nervous. That was something I’ve never experienced before.

4) Metis: Metis was very important in the nation states game. It was needed to know which move would keep you from being attacked or how to get some low points from Andrew or resources from another country. One example was baking cookies and brownies that persuaded Andrew to give us 100,000 law points.

Thank you Prof. Ellerman for another semester of fun! I hope to see you in future semesters!

2 comments:

chrismeyer7291 said...

Totally agree. Since we shared him together we both started this class knowing we would have a lot of fun while learning key issues and legal concepts. Definitely a professor to keep on your contacts list; I can safely say that Professor Ellerman is one of the best teachers I've ever had. Hope to see you all in another one of his classes.

Unknown said...

Hello Friends,

This is very interesting post.I am really thankful to you for providing this unique information such as volunteer – you are needed. Volunteers are what make this country great.

Thanks!
Johny Lee

Insurance Bad Faith Attorney