Thursday, April 26, 2012

Nation Game



I’m very happy with how the groups worked out. My group works very well with eachother and decision making is easy. I do wish that we were more productive at making laws so that we would have been a stronger competitor among the other nations. I feel we were very proactive with other group, doing trades and forming relations with other countries. We based our government off the United States’ and wanted to end up with peaceful relations with all the other countries without having to declare war.

I feel the game can be improved for future classes. It was most interesting in the beginning when we had to trade resources to build wonders but once that was done the game became less exciting. There needs to be more competitions between the nations to keep it fun and exciting. Maybe something like making 2 nations face off during each class to deal with a situation? 

2 comments:

John Meursault said...

Did you have any issues within your nation or were all the laws and everything passed with a complete consensus?

Brittnie Carr said...

It sounds like your group works very well together. Our group was similar except we had a bunch of laws written I believe.
I agree with you on the game starting off exciting and interesting and then kind of dwindling out. There wasn't much for all members of a group to keep busy. Only a select few would have the challenges at task while the rest of us waited around or talked amongst ourselves. I didn't quite understand the game to begin with anyhow so i guess it kind worked itself out. I think the idea of the game is good but it needs more involvement for all members to participate.